“The products and services we provide will bring value, pride and satisfaction to our customers and employees by being better than the rest, more than they expected, and exactly what they needed. This purpose improves the quality of life of our employees, customers, industry, markets, and community.”
-Founder, Michael Weagley
This statement has been the core purpose of our company, from the early beginnings as a small welding and fabrication shop, to now as North America’s largest manufacture of containment and multi-use plows. As a result, we have been able to help move the industry forward through innovative, durable and effective products that are competitively priced, and readily available.
It all started in a garage.
In 1991, Pro-Tech founder Mike Weagley began a small welding and fabrication business out of his parent’s garage. Within a few short years the original model Sno Pusher would be brought to market and help revolutionize the way that snow and ice is commercially managed.
Some important milestones during our journey.
- 1992: Pro-Tech is Incorporated
- 1993: First Sno Pusher Manufactured
- 1996: Skid-Steer Model Introduced
- 1997: Moved to Current Manufacturing Facility in Rochester, NY
- 2002: Compact Model Introduced
- 2004: Pullback and Super Duty Models Introduced
- 2006: Steel Edge Models Introduced
- 2010: Low Profile Angle Model Introduced
- 2013: New Steel Edge IST Model Introduced
- 2014: Turf Pusher Introduced